Latest update (27 May)
I hope all of you, and your families, are well.
As you will all be aware, given the wider circumstances, the league is still suspended until further notice.
The committee will consider any changes to government guidance over the coming weeks with regards to the impact that may have on the suspension of the league.
Our primary duty of care will always be to the health and well-being of our members. We will consider any changes to lockdown that do come to light carefully alongside the needs of the different clubs who provide the facilities for our league.
We will obviously communicate any further update at that point.
Coronavirus Statement – League suspended until further notice
Update 8 April: Given the current lockdown the league is still suspended and we will review again at the end of April.
As a League, it is critical that we understand the impact the Coronavirus pandemic could have on all our members and the league.
The committee has its member’s welfare as paramount in any decisions we undertake. We do not wish to place any of our members at risk by asking them to play, especially as we have many older members within our ranks.
Today committee have discussed the current crisis. This pandemic is changing by the hour. We are mindful that the forecast for the foreseeable future is one where things could get considerably worse before they get better. We have taken into consideration local events alongside the most recent government and WHO guidelines.
After the recent decisions undertaken in the greater sporting world, we are all in full agreement to take the unprecedented decision to suspend the ‘Burton & District Clubs Snooker League’ and all cup competitions with immediate effect.
We will be holding a meeting in the first week of April to re-evaluate the situation and decide next steps .
I trust you fully support our reasons for taking this decision.
Presentation evening 1 May
We have now also taken the decision to postpone the Presentation Evening that was scheduled for 1 May. We had to cancel the act, venue and food to ensure we give those people enough notice and also to not commit the League to expenditure on an event that may not come to fruition.
27 Feb: Rolleston A v Swad Cons A tbd
5 Mar: Ivanhoe B v Tutbury B now 18 Mar
10 Mar: Burton Cons C v Alrewas C tbd
4pts – Tutbury B – Late cancellation of week 8 match (24-48hrs rule 9bi).
12pts – Swad Cons A – Late cancellation of week 9 match (0-4hrs rule 9biii)
12pts – SDSC E – Late cancellation of week 13 match (0-4hrs rule 9biii)
2pts: Week 12 Rolleston D late matchcard.
2pts: Week 14 Spot On C late matchcard.
Please support these sponsors as without them the league would struggle to survive financially.